2013 Energy Efficiency Programs
Citizens Electric and its power provider, Wabash Valley Power Association, are again pleased to offer energy-efficiency incentives. For more information, contact Barb Casper at 877-876-3511, ext. 119, or firstname.lastname@example.org. An outline of the 2013 Power Moves program is as follows:
RESIDENTIAL INCENTIVES (Click here for an application.)
• All-electric, air-source heat pump (replacing an all-electric, air-source heat pump)
• All-electric, air-source heat pump (replacing an electric-resistance heating system)
• Dual-fuel heat pump (replacing an electric-resistance heating system)
• Geothermal heat pump (replacing an electric-resistance heating system)
• Heat pump water heater (replacing a standard electric tank water heater)
• Touchstone Energy® Home — a high-performance new home with a one-year heating and cooling cost guarantee
• New construction — installing an air-source or ground-source heat pump at a primary residence (Click here for application.)
• Lighting retrofits for existing commercial buildings (Click here for an application.)
• HVAC retrofits for existing commercial buildings (Click here for an application.)
• Schools (for existing building retrofits — includes lighting and HVAC) Click here for an application.
• Agriculture (for existing building retrofits — includes lighting and HVAC, scroll compressors, night covers and room air conditioners) Click here for an application.
• Custom incentive — for projects that don’t fit any of the above programs, please talk to us. We’d be happy review your project and suggest a custom incentive to fit it. (Click here for an application.)
• New construction — for those building a new facility or adding an addition to an existing building. For best results, please talk to us BEFORE starting the design process. (Expected to be available April 2013.)
You may be surprised to learn where you are losing conditioned air from your home. Schedule a home energy audit, and a certified technician will analyze your home’s efficiency using a blower door, infrared camera and software program. Following the audit, CEC will send you a written report that includes observations and recommendations to improve your home’s energy efficiency and comfort.
Energy audits must be paid to CEC in advance. Until April 1, the cost is $50 (discounted from $200) for up to 3,000 square feet of conditioned space. If the auditor determines your square footage exceeds that amount, you will be billed $0.10 for each additional square foot.
Eligibility is limited to Citizens Electric members who use electricity for heating or electric water heating.
CEC will reimburse the participating member up to $50 for products purchased after the audit that were recommended in the audit. Product receipts and member information should be sent to the attention of the Manager of Member Services, 150 Merchant St., Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670. For additional information, email or call Member Services at 877-876-3511.
Additional refrigerators and freezers can be real “Energy Hogs.” Through an agreement with JACO Environmental, you can have those units hauled away for free and receive $35 for each unit once it has has been recycled. Appliances must be in working order, and there is a limit of 5 units per member. Call 877-395-5535 or click here to schedule the pickup.